How to fix up old garden furniture for summer
Fixing up old garden furniture for summer can be a great way to breathe new life into your outdoor living space. Here are some steps you can take to revamp your old garden furniture:
- Clean the furniture: Start by giving the furniture a good cleaning. Use a brush or a sponge to remove dirt and grime. You can use a mild detergent or a solution of water and vinegar to clean the furniture. Rinse the furniture thoroughly with a garden hose and let it dry completely.
- Repair any damage: Check the furniture for any damage or wear and tear. Repair any loose joints or broken pieces. Sand down any rough spots or splinters. If the furniture is made of wood, you can apply a wood filler to fill any holes or cracks.
- Paint or stain the furniture: Once the furniture is cleaned and repaired, you can give it a fresh coat of paint or stain. Use a paint or stain that is designed for outdoor use and will hold up to the elements. Apply the paint or stain according to the manufacturer’s instructions and let it dry completely.
- Add new cushions or pillows: If your garden furniture has cushions or pillows, consider replacing them with new ones. Choose cushions or pillows that are designed for outdoor use and are water-resistant.
- Decorate with accessories: Finally, add some decorative accessories to your garden furniture to give it a new look. Add a colorful outdoor rug, some potted plants, or outdoor lanterns to create a cozy and inviting outdoor living space.
By following these steps, you can transform your old garden furniture into a beautiful and functional space for summer.